I keep having awesome recipe success on pinterest. These two recipes are probably some of the best I've made...like...ever. Seriously. These are both majorly, MAJORLY good. Let me know what you think if you try them out!
We made this last night. Oh. My. Garsh. One of my favorite meals ever. I died a little while eating this. But in a good way. Not like the way I die while watching Glee...which is sort of a more soul-crushing, the-sun-will-never-shine-again, I wish I'd never been born sort of a way that only Glee can produce.
baked potatoes, slightly cooled
kosher salt and black pepper
shredded cheese (cheddar, gruyere, fontina, pepperjack, or other of your choice)
additional fillings of your choice: sauteed vegetables, bacon or ham, etc.
1 tablespoons chili powder
1 pound chicken, cooked and shredded
8-10 flour tortillas (I used Tortilla Land - THE BEST)
1 pound monterey jack cheese, shredded
16 ounces green enchilada sauce
1 cup heavy cream
1. Whisk the first four ingredients and toss with shredded chicken in a Zip-loc bag.
2. Let it marinate for at least a 1/2 hour, but preferably a half day or so.
4. Fill the tortillas with chicken, saving marinade, and shredded cheese, saving about 1 cup of cheese to sprinkle on top of enchiladas.
5. Put tortillas in 9x13 pan as you go.
6. Mix the remaining enchilada sauce with the cream and leftover marinade (if there is any).
7. Pour sauce on top of the enchiladas.
8. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until brown and crispy on top.
This recipe was found at dinner on a dime.